Why Choose This Course
Home to superb research facilities and partnered with the National Physical Laboratory, Surrey offers distinctive physics courses that reflect the diversity and exciting nature of the subject.
Our BSc and MPhys offer you a flexible choice of modules across many different topics, covering both theoretical and applied areas of physics. Our teaching builds on the broad range of expertise among our acclaimed academics.
Two unique aspects of both courses are:
Our placement programme:
- Within the BSc, our award-winning Professional Training Placements scheme gives you invaluable hands-on experience to enhance your employability.
- On our MPhys course, youll take a year-long, masters-level integrated research placement. This can be in one of our world-leading research groups or at one of our international partner institutions.
Our focus on undergraduate research and innovation:
- All undergraduates have the opportunity to apply for 8-10 week paid summer placements in our research groups and those of our South East Physics Network partners.
- We offer in-house research and innovation and enterprise grants that students can apply for to fund a research placement, attend a conference or develop a new business idea.
We deliver on jobs, too. We were named University of the Year for Graduate Employment in The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
Bsc Physics: Full Form Course Distance Education Colleges Syllabus Jobs Scope 2022
BSc physics is a three-year undergraduate course that deals with the fundamentals of physics. BSc in Physics aims at teaching graduates essential topics such as quantum mechanics, Electromagnetism, optics, calculus semiconductors, waves, statistics, etc.
BSc course duration is divided into six semesters, and each BSc physics syllabus for each semester comprises theory, lab, and practical examination.
To be eligible for BSc Physics admission, students need to graduate 10+2 with aggregate marks of 50-60% with PCBM, or PCM as compulsory subjects. Admission is merit-based most of the time, but some universities hold entrance exams for admission to BSc Physics.
After completing BSc Physics.graduates have the scope of getting jobs in both the private and public sectors. For example, they can get jobs as physicists, researchers, scientists, assistant radiologists, statisticians, etc.
The average salary for BSc Physics can range from INR 3 LPA to 8 LPA. Many graduates go into the field of research after completing the course. The fees for the same can range from INR 5,000 to INR 60,000 which vary among the BSc Physics Colleges in India.
Hello Fellow Physics Enthusiasts
invite linkA catalogue of our community members who are currently studying Physics after Engineering Content of our blog Physics after Engineering.Note: All that said, Reader discretion is advised on choosing a physics career cause one might not earn as much as one can with an engineering or MBA degree. It also takes a lot of time to settle in this field so be prepared to see all your crushes and Exes getting married and having a kid or two while you’re still studying. Also Cracking the competitive exams below and completion of degrees require serious commitment and love for the subject.Assuming you have it all in you
Don’t Miss: Geometry Segment Addition Postulate Worksheet
Career Scope For Bsc Physics
The B.Sc Physics students are hired in different sectors in numerous areas. They are required in factories, production units, research labs, power plants, etc. The physics degree is the great starting point for a career in scientific research, as well as in a range of careers in the businesses, IT sector, finance sector and even in engineering sectors.
Some of the job roles available after B.Sc Physics students are:
Mtech After Bsc: Eligibility Criteria
BSc candidates usually graduate with a 3-year course degree which is not sufficient to be eligible for admission into a Masters programme hence, the candidates should pursue MSc. in their respective fields first and then apply for an MTech course. The following criteria are listed below that a student must go through before applying for an MTech degree:
- Candidates should have successfully completed their BSc and MSc degrees in their respective fields with minimum 50-60% or C.G.P.A 6.0 or more, in case the Bachelors is of 3-years.
- Candidates who have successfully completed their bachelors degree with 4-years of coursework are eligible for directly applying for an MTech degree.
- Eligible candidates are required to appear for common national or institute-level entrance exams.
- The University or college from which the students have graduated should be recognized by UGC along with the course which the students had opted for.
Also Check: Unit 1 Geometry Basics Test Answer Key
Bsc Physics: Quick Facts
- A three-year UG course which deals with the fundamentals of physics. Teaches graduates essential topics such as quantum mechanics, Electromagnetism, optics, calculus semiconductors, waves, statistics, etc.
- The admission for the course is primarily merit-based, but some important entrance exams are GSAT, IISER, BHU UET, etc.
- After completing the course, they can get jobs as physicists, researchers, scientists, assistant radiologists, statisticians, etc. The average salary can range from 3 lakhs per annum to 8 lakhs per annum.
- The top colleges in India for the course are IIT Kanpur, IISC, St. Stephens college, Miranda house, Hindu college, etc.
Bsc Physics Honours: Admission Process
The admission process for BSc Hons Physics is much similar to some other BSc courses or bachelor courses. The admission is offered through both merit based as well as entrance based. Students after clearing their 10+2 need to appear in an entrance exam like UPSEE, TS EAMCET, BHU UET, PUCET, etc. and qualify the entrance exam with good marks to get admission to the BSc Physics Honours course. Some colleges admit students on merit basis and students are shortlisted based on the cutoff lists released by the University.
The minimum BSc Physics Honours eligibility criteria that one requires to get admission is mentioned below:
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized Board.
- There will be a relaxation of 5% in the minimum marks for the candidates belonging to the reserved categories.
- Students are required to complete their 10+2 in Science stream having Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their major subjects.
- Candidates are required to qualify entrance exams conducted at the National or University level for admission to top colleges.
The application deadlines for some of the popular entrance exam conducted at the National or University level to test knowledge of students and offer admission to BSc Physics Honours are given below:
Also Check: What Is Surface Area In Geometry
Why Study Bsc Physics Honours
Candidates who are interested in Physics and wishing to develop their career in the field of science should pursue BSc Physics Honours. Although the course offers numerous benefits, some of the advantages of the course are listed below.
- The BSc Physics Honours course is designed to provide in-depth knowledge of Physics and its various concepts/ theories of advanced Physics.
- The course trains the students to perform several research projects of various topics of Physics including Light, Sound, Radiation, etc.
- There is a wide range of opportunities for graduates of this career field.
- The BSc Physics Honours course offers great help to candidates wishing to get hired in top reputed companies in India such as ISRO, DRDO, BARC, etc.
- The average initial after completing the course ranges from INR 2,00,000 to 3,50,000 per year which is quite good as compared to other low paying courses.
- Students, after completing the course, can apply for a master’s degree and research courses in the same field that will improve their academic background and will also increase the salary range.
Physics Careers In Energy
Whether were talking about renewable or non-renewable energy, there are plenty of careers in physics within the energy sector. Alongside the rise of renewable energy, oil and gas companies remain big players in the energy market and are major employers for physics graduates. One area of focus is on extracting fossil fuel reserves in the most efficient way possible, using knowledge of the Earths characteristics and the newest technologies.
With the prospect of fossil fuels running out, energy companies are also branching out into renewable alternatives such as wind and solar energy and are investing heavily in research and development in this area, offering much career potential. Your role here could be to collaborate with other scientists and engineers to develop efficient and functional energy systems which harness the Earths energy sustainably and cost-effectively.
Also Check: How To Figure Out Displacement In Physics
Bsc Physics Honours Faqs
Ques. What is the difference between BSc Physics and BSc Physics Hons?
Ans. BSc Physics is a normal degree program in Physics while BSc Physics Honours is designed to provide in-depth knowledge regarding various theories and practicals of Advanced Physics.
Ques. Is BSc Physics Honours tough?
Ans. Yes, BSc Physics Honours is a tough course, it covers various advanced theories and topics in Physics. Also there are several types of hard numericals and practicals.
Ques. Can I join ISRO after BSc Physics Honours?
Ans. After completing BSc Physics Honours, candidates can get hired in ISRO if they meet all the requirements for BSc Physics Honours.
Ques. Can I do a PhD after BSc Physics Honours?
Ans. After completing BSc Physics Honours, one must have to pursue any PG course in relevant discipline, then after candidates are eligible to do PhD.
Ques. What are the job opportunities after completing BSc Physics Honours?
Ans. One can find several lucrative and high profile job opportunities after completing BSc Physics Honours. Some of them are:
- Lab Supervisor
Ques. How to opt BSc Physics honours in DU?
Ans. To pursue BSc Physics Honours in DU or Delhi University, aspirants should meet the minimum eligibility requirements set for the course and may require to qualify an entrance exam or GD/PI round.
Ques. What is the BSc Physics Honours syllabus?
Ques. What is the average salary after BSc Physics Honours?
Ques. What are the government jobs after BSc Physics Honours?
What Is Bsc Physics
The B.Sc Physics is the natural science that involves the study of matter and its interaction with the atmosphere. The students of B.Sc Physics also study concepts such as energy and force. In the broader sense, the B.Sc Physics is the general analysis of nature, conducted to understand how the universe behaves.
The students who have the passion to study the behaviour of the matter can choose to join B.Sc Physics. The students who have completed their PUC or 10+2 with any of the two subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Electronics or statistics are eligible to apply for the course.
Don’t Miss: Algebra 2 Common Core June 2016
Best Career Option After Bsc Physics Career Scope In 2019
Are you interested in Energy, Motion, Space and all that falls under this universe? If you are inspired from Newton, Bohr, Einstein, Faraday then, Physics is the best career option for you.
Many candidates are seeking for their career after completing BSc in Physics. The one question always arises in their mind: – What should we choose after BSc Physics: further study or job?
After completing your BSc Course in Physics, there are many career opportunities open for you, such as research analyst, a teacher, lab assistant etc. But, if you go with further study such as MSc degree, MSc PhD dual degree, Joint MSc PhD courses then you can become a scientist and apply for CSIR NET Exam also.
Do you want to Pursue MSc after BSc? Take IIT JAM & Get Admission in IITs. Study Material to Start Your Preparations.
Courses After Bsc Physics
After completing a bachelor’s course in physics, many students decide to continue their studies further as it increases the chances of getting better jobs. Thus, students can do master’s in a specific field of physics or go for different degrees.
In addition, students can decide to do an MSc for advanced knowledge on the subject and later on opt for PhD programs to become a professor of Physics. For a quick career growth after BSc Physics, MBA is a good choice.
|Top colleges||IIT, Birla Institute of Technology, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Miranda house, Loyola college||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University , Jamia Millia Islamia , Delhi University, Kasturi Ram College of Higher Education||All IIMs, NMIMS School of Business Management, Symbiosis, XLRI Xavier School of Management, Indian school of business|
Read Also: What Is Elastic Force In Physics
Icar Aieea Pg Entrance Exam:
The history of Agriculture in India dates back to Indus valley civilization era and even before. The economic contribution of agriculture to India’s GDP is 13.7%. India as a country rely on agriculture to such a large extent that agriculture post graduates are one of the most in-demand professionals in Indian banks and central government departments.
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research is an autonomous body responsible for co-ordinating agricultural education and research in India.
Purpose: AIEEA is an entrance exam to get into the ICAR institution. It is the largest network of agricultural research and education institutes in the world. Large number of Masters degree holders from agricultural Sciences go for higher education in Indian Universities and abroad. In 2017, ICAR PG Exam admitted 43% female candidates, which shows inclined interest of women in the field.
Study And Work Abroad
We give our students the opportunity to acquire international experience during their studies by taking advantage of our exchange agreements with overseas universities or by completing a Professional Training placement abroad.
Want to study at an overseas institution as part of your degree or work abroad during your Professional Training year? Perhaps you would like to volunteer in India or learn about Brazilian business and culture in São Paulo during your summer holidays? With more than 200 partnerships, from 50 different countries worldwide, there is something for everyone.
Not only is the opportunity to go abroad a hugely enjoyable experience, you will develop key skills and knowledge that will strengthen your CV and increase your employability.
For the 2021/22 academic year, students have access to Turing funds to assist in student exchange, work placements abroad and summer schools abroad. These funds can make a significant contribution to these exciting opportunities during your time at the University.
View our study and work abroad exchange information to find out more and see where you can go.
In your second year, you can apply to spend a year abroad at one of our partner universities. Students have gone to study in:
Read Also: What Is Secondary Succession In Biology
Professional Training Placement Fees
If you are studying on a programme which contains a Professional Training placement year there will be a reduced fee for the academic year in which you undertake your placement. This is normally confirmed 12 to 18 months in advance, or once Government policy is determined.
See the information about 2022/23 academic year Professional Training placement fee.
Popular Mba Specializations After Bsc
A wide range of MBA specializations are available across different fields of study including but not limited to General Management, Technology, Arts, Media Communications and much more. Whether you are inclined towards finding career opportunities in the healthcare industry or aim to establish your own business, you can choose from several specialised MBA courses. You can either opt to study the general MBA or go on for popular MBA options like MBA in Information Technology , MBA in HR , MBA in Communication, amongst others. Listed below are the prominent specialisations for those planning to pursue an MBA after BSc:
- MBA in Petroleum and Oil Gas Management
- MBA in Personnel Management
Read Also: What Does Span Mean In Linear Algebra
Jobs Roles For Bsc Physics Graduates
There are various job roles that B.Sc Physics candidates can opt after the completion of studies. Here is the list of some of the job roles available:
Physicist: A Physicist is a person who studies and discovers the interaction of matter and energy. They perform experiments and investigate the theories of Physics to reach a conclusion.
Usually, a PhD holder in Physics becomes a physicist. However, B.Sc Physics are also eligible to work as a research assistant or technician in a similar field. For growth and secure job as a physicist, the candidate must go for higher studies in Physics like M.Sc or PhD.
Physics Lecturer: A candidate with sound knowledge in a physics subject can join an institute or academy as a lecturer. It is a decent job role and candidates can expect a good salary as a lecturer. Further, they can pursue master’s degrees for growth in the career.
Lab Assistant: Candidates who hold a B.Sc Physics can work as a lab assistant in various firms, clinics or laboratories or institutes. Such professionals handle technical equipment and act as a helping hand for their supervisors.
Subject Matter Expert : B.Sc Physics graduates can work as a subject matter expert in various organisations. Such candidates are responsible to create content as per the requirement of the client. They are responsible to create effective and format based content as specified.
They also guide them to pursue higher studies and choose the right college.
What Are The Careers After Msc Physics
Here are some Courses after M.Sc. Physics
Doctorate in Philosophy
You can pursue an M.Phil./ Ph.D. as a career after M.Sc.Physics, which will also help you get more knowledge, experience, and a higher job role. Here are some of the options to opt for a Ph.D. which are the best after M.Sc. Physics:
- Ph.D. in Applied PhysicsYou can do a Ph.D. in Applied Physics and make your career after M.Sc.Physics. Applied Physics deals with the study of the applicability of the technology in physics. You will have to research in Photonics, Ferroelectrics, Carbon Nano Tubes, Photonic Crystal, Metamaterials and Plasmonic Solar cells, etc. The different sectors you can opt for after Ph.D. in Nuclear Physics are:
- Medical Physics Facilities
Ph.D. in Biophysics provides a great careers after M.Sc. Physics.
- Ph.D. in Chemical ThermodynamicsYou can also opt for a Ph.D. in Chemical Thermodynamics after M.Sc. Physics. Chemical Thermodynamics deals with the study of heat involving chemical reactions.
- Ph.D. in Nuclear PhysicsYou can do a Ph.D. in Nuclear Physics after M.Sc. Physics. Nuclear Physics deals with the study of building blocks and interactions of atomic nuclei. You will have to do research on the nuclear force, nuclear power, nuclear astrophysics, archaeological dating, fundamental symmetries, etc. The different sectors you can opt for after Ph.D. in Nuclear Physics are:
- Nuclear Power Plants
Doing a Ph.D. in Physics is one of the best careers after M.Sc. Physics.
Don’t Miss: Beth And John Thomas Child Of Rage Now