Us Geography Quizzes & Trivia
- Sample QuestionWhich body of water is located between Connecticut to the north and Long Island, New York to the south?Atlantic Ocean
- Sample QuestionWhich State’s border does not touch the Atlantic Ocean? Vermont
- Sample Question_____ is the northernmost, easternmost and westernmost state in the USNevada
- Sample QuestionIn which U.S. state will you find the cities of Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, and Sioux City?Minnesota
- Sample QuestionWhich of these states borders Delaware?Massachusetts
- Sample QuestionWhich state is sandwiched between Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee?Kentucky
- Sample QuestionWhich of these Southwest towns professes to have the most days of sunshine?Tucson, AZ
- Sample QuestionWhere in South Carolina is the military college, The Citadel located?Charleston
- Sample QuestionWhat is the name of the reproduction of the 1890’s mining town in Butte, Montana?Yellow Jacket
- Sample QuestionWho was elected the 55th Governor of New Jersey in 2009?Robert Cleary
- Sample QuestionWhere would you find John F. Kennedy’s birthplace?Quincy
- Sample QuestionWhich of these states is located in the Midwest region of the United States?Ohio
- Sample QuestionWhich of these states has the largest land area?Louisiana
- Sample QuestionWhich of these states borders Tennessee?South Dakota
- Sample QuestionWhich U.S. city is known as the Peanut City?Savannah, GA
- Sample QuestionWhich city is closest to Coeur d’Alene, Idaho?Seattle, Washington
Round : Us Landmarks Quiz Questions
Over 40 Buildings In New York City Have Their Own Zip Codes
Speaking of densely populated areas, Manhattanthe most crowded of New York Citys five boroughsis so cramped that it has over 200 zip codes. Some skyscrapers are even large enough to have one of their very own. The Empire State, Chrysler, and MetLife buildings are just a few that can claim exclusive rights to their own unique zip code. Dont miss these 30 geography facts everybody keeps getting wrong.
Read Also: Paris Jackson Parents
If You Want To Set A Land Speed Record Which Of These Places Is The Best Place To Do So
The Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah are one of the most unique natural landmarks to see in the United States and from 1963 to 1970 it was the location of 10 land speed records. It is a salt pan in Utah open to the public, and is the largest salt flats in America. The largest salt flats in the world are found in Bolivia
Round : Us Cities Quiz Questions
You May Like: Unit 1 Homework 2 Segment Addition Postulate Answer Key
A Piece Of Africa Is Underneath The United States
You might recall that long ago, a supercontinent called Pangaea broke apart to form the seven continents as we know them today. Now, 250 million years later, geologists have discovered a chunk of Africa that stuck around in North America. Its located near Alabama, just off the coast of the southeastern states.
Neither Florida Nor California Have The Longest Us Coastline
Most people would probably guess that Florida or California have the longest coastlines in the country. But in reality, Alaska is the national coastline champ. Its coast spans 6,640 miles or 10,686 km in totalwhich is more than all of the other 49 states combined. Think you can pass Geography 101? Take this geography quiz to find out.
Also Check: Homework 5 Angle Addition Postulate Answer Key
Two Us States Do Not Share Borders With Any Other Us State
They are Hawaii and Alaska. On the flip side, two other states share borders with eight states each, the most in the entire country. Missouri borders Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska. Meanwhile, Tennessee borders Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Missouri.
Hard Geography Trivia Questions
Trivia Question: Where are the Spanish Steps located?
Answer: Rome, Italy
Trivia Question: How many countries are there in the United Kingdom?
Trivia Question: What is the capital of Senegal?
Trivia Question: How many time zones does Russia have?
Trivia Question: What is the name of the tallest mountain in Canada?
Answer: Mount Logan
Trivia Question: What country does the Rhine River run through?
Trivia Question: What two countries border directly north of Hungary?
Answer: Slovakia and Ukraine
Trivia Question: What is the name of the largest city in Australia?
Trivia Question: What is the name of the second tallest mountain in the world?
Trivia Question: What Cape sits at the tip of Africa?
Answer: Cape of Good Hope
Trivia Question: What type of leaf is on the Canadian flag?
Trivia Question: What is the capital of Nova Scotia?
Trivia Question: What country first used tinsel as a holiday tree decoration?
Trivia Question: What is the name of the only tropical rainforest in the United States?
Answer: Puerto Ricos El Yunque National Forest
Trivia Question: What season does Australia experience in December?
Trivia Question: What is the name of the driest continent on Earth?
Trivia Question: Peking Duck is the national dish of what country?
Trivia Question: What country formerly ruled Iceland?
Also Check: What Does Cyte Mean
The Worlds Entire Population Could Fit Inside The State Of Texas
Get this: If all of us lived at the same density level as New York City, the worlds population would cover about 250,404 square miles. That means there would technically be enough space for all 7.5 billion people to live in Texas, which is 268,597 square miles in total. Granted, things might get a little crowded.
The Four Largest Us Cities Are In Alaska
When you think of big cities, you probably think of bustling metropolises like New York, Chicago, and L.A. While those cities might be some of the most highly populated, they arent the biggest in terms of area. All of the four most sprawling cities are in Alaska: Sitka, Juneau, Wrangell, and Anchorage.
These Geography Trivia Questions Are Guaranteed To Test Your World Knowledge
You may love travelling, but how well do you really know the world? Are you up to date on flags, capital cities and languages? Do you know the highest mountains in the world or in which country youd find the longest river?
Its amazing how lockdown has sent us into a quiz frenzy. These days when I look at my diary its empty apart from 2-3 quizzes per week. Despite not being all that good at them, Ive always LOVED a pub quiz. I used to play every few weeks with a group of friends nearby. It was a great way of catching up, and while we never won, we came in the top teams a few times. Usually it was my expert knowledge of 00s boybands that scraped us a place in the top 5!
I love how knowing the most random of facts can be the difference between winning and losing. When it comes to geography trivia questions, you need to not only have a good vision of a world map embedded in your brain, but also have accrued all sorts of facts throughout your life.
Names of mountain ranges, US state capitals, biggest countries, smallest countries, flags and more. Ill admit that my life as a travel blogger has certainly helped!
No cheating, fingers on buzzers here we go!
World Geography Quiz Picture Round Answers
World Landmarks Quiz Answers
So how did you get on with my challenging geography trivia questions? Are you feeling like a champion, or need to go away and stare at a map for a long time? Let me know how you got on. I loved coming up with the quiz and definitely learned lots along the way mainly on the flags round. It turns out despite travelling a lot, I barely remember the flags of anywhere Ive been to!
Have you enjoyed these geography quiz questions and answers? Dont forget to share the quiz with your friends to play too.
If you enjoyed this quiz, check out all my general knowledge quizzes, which cover geography, music, food, art, culture and more!
You May Like: Chapter 3 Test Form 2c Answers
The Western United States Used To Have Enormous Lakes
During a period called the Last Glacial Maximum over 20,000 years ago, the states of Nevada, Utah, Oregon, and California contained bodies of water so huge they rivaled the Great Lakes. Over time, the giant lakes shrank as global temperatures began to rise until they eventually disappeared altogether. Here are 50 more astonishing facts you never knew about all 50 states.
World Geography Trivia Questions
Recommended Reading: Cyte Root Word
The Best Us And National Park Geography Quizzes
Up for a challenge? Here is a collection of the best U.S. and National Park Geography Quizzes that we published during our recent TTP National Parks Adventure. Try the different geography tests and games below!
1. Do You Know What are the Most Popular National Parks? Here is a challenge that will test your knowledge of Americas most visited national parks in 2015. Can you fill in the ten most popular park names in the time allotted?
2. Find the Location of the U.S. National ParksThis quiz challenges you to identify a national park based on its location on a map. How many can you accurately find?
3. Match the National Park to its Picture This quiz will test your knowledge of the U.S. National Parks in pictures. You will have six minutes to correctly identify 20 parks. Good luck on this challenge!
4. Find the Adjacent U.S. State How well do you know what state is adjacent to others in the United States? Take this quiz and find out.
5. U.S. National Parks Map This challenge tests your map knowledge of the U.S. National Parks. You will have four minutes to correctly identify the location of 24 of the 59 U.S. National Parks.
6. Rivers of the United States This challenge is all about rivers of the United States. There are 30 questions about U.S. rivers how will you score on this quiz?
9. U.S. City Skylines This challenge is all about U.S. cities. Can you correctly identify the city by a picture of its skyline? Good luck on this quiz!
Lets Play Canada Geography Quizzes For Two To Improve Your Knowledge On Canada
Do you know how well your friends, classmates and family members know about geography, citizenship, flag, key facts and culture of Canada? Take this Canada geography quizzes for 2 and challenge them to reveal. Your objective is to answer all 10 questions by tapping on the correct answer and beat others before the time runs out.
Canada is the second largest country in the world after Russia. Canada is officially bilingual, with Canadian citizens having 2 official languages has French and English, and its a part of both North American as well as French culture. We offer Canada geography quizzes for 2, a fun game you can play against the computer or challenge your friends to find out how much you know about geography, citizenship, flag, key facts and culture issues of Canada.
Do you know Canada? Where is the highest point of Canada? Which province has the longest coastline? How many capital cities does Canada have? Find out here! Download and play for free this Canada geography quizzes for 2 to get a better understanding of this great country.
You can also play Similar games onSporcle.
Recommended Reading: Why Are There Different Branches Of Chemistry
+ Difficult Us Geography Trivia Questions
US geography trivia is more difficult than you think. Even if you live in the United States, you probably havent been to all fifty states. Its hard to name every single one, let alone learn their capitals and the landmarks inside each one. If you want to test your knowledge of the country, here is a geography quiz you can take! Once youre finished answering the questions, make sure to ask them to your family and friends. See who can get the most correct in a row. Its a great idea for a road trip or party game!
Us Geography Trivia Questions
Are you ready for a challenge? If you want to test your knowledge and learn something new about the country, youve come to the right place. Here are some US geography questions and answers. Some of them are straightforward, but others are a little trickier. So make sure you take the time to think them through before you answer.
Read Also: Holt Geometry Lesson 4.5 Practice B Answers
World Geography Quiz Questions And Answers
Round : American States Quiz Questions
Read Also: Exponent Rules Worksheet 2 Answers
Please Be Patient Your Results Are Being Generated
You might love the United States of America, but do you really know it from sea to shining sea? From the mountains to the prairies, theres a lot to see. If youre an American who has had at least a sixth-grade education, there is no excuse for getting fewer than ten questions right on this quiShow More
You might love the United States of America, but do you really know it from sea to shining sea? From the mountains to the prairies, theres a lot to see. If youre an American who has had at least a sixth-grade education, there is no excuse for getting fewer than ten questions right on this quiz. If you have never been to the United States, you can put your knowledge to the test before planning your great American road trip! Which Hawaiian island is the capital Honolulu on? What is the capital of North Dakota? Does Acadia National Park or Congaree National Park see the sunrise first every day? Even if you havent yet left your own corner of the United States, you cant call yourself a real American if you dont know the lay of the land. Answer these 12 questions to see if you actually know the greatest country on earth!